Friday, July 25, 2008

ac vs no ac

though i do enjoy the freedom of summer , my favorite season is fall. i cant stand the heat of summer and being sweaty.
that said, i use the ac all summer as much as i need. i am not a fan of sweating like a pig. its hard to go to work the morning after a sweaty night's sleep. it also can give me a headache. thus my high ac bill.
i have alot of friends who dont mind sweating along in the summer just to cut their electric bills. id do that, but when its really hot out i just feel like im going to pass out.
truth is , except for summer, my energy bills are really quite low. i even have invested in compact fluorescent bulbs. this is how i justify my high summer bills.
i really admire people who feel always cold . they have it made. all they have to do its put on a sweater, and they are good to go. when one is sensitive to heat , there are only so many items of clothing one can legally take off.

3 comments:

Mikeinmidwood said...

As much as people tell me "when you cold you can put on a sweater thats why the cold is better" I dont agree. I would much rather be hot than not cold because i have my sweater on

katrina said...

I NEED AC. If other people can go without, bully for them.

Ookamikun said...

I feel your pain. Though working from home, I can walk around naked. ;-)
Since I live in the basement, free electricity. The problem, though, is that I don't have an AC in the room where I work and if I put one there, my landlord is gonna charge for it and I'm cheap.