Wednesday, July 16, 2008

that little itch...

psoriasis is no fun. as far as afflictions go, its not the worst one to have, but its no bed of roses either. apparently, the word psoriasis comes from the hebrew word tzara'as which means leprosy. it also gives one alot of tzar.

i have a mild case, mostly concentrated in my scalp. when it acts up it itches beyond belief. luckily, after many years of incompetent dermatologists i found an excellent one to whom i am eternally grateful. now its under control.

there are alot of morons out there as well. once i got my hair cut and the stylist tried to tell me i had head lice. which i did not. it was just a bad case of psoriasis. apparently she knew nothing about scalps.

an afflicted scalp can be quite embarrassing, as well as humbling. whenever i see people with a sprinkling of snowflakes on their shoulders, i feel bad for them. its not bad hygiene. they really cant help it. ive been there. it takes alot of work and patience to get rid of it.
ive been told psoriasis is stress related. thats probably true. i know that whenever i have a flare up i must slow down.
ive heard that fish oil and flax seed oil help keep psoriasis in check. it helped me for a little while, until it didnt.
im afraid to cover my hair when i get married. im afraid it will increase my psoriasis symptoms.
my friends tell me that they dont notice my psoriasis , even when i have a bad flare up. im not always sure if they are just trying to be nice or if this is really what they think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from a fellow sufferer,

I totally identify with what you wrote, I'm currently in treatment for my scalp and making progress.

Just thought I'd share with someone who knows what its like

frum single female said...

thanks for the support jackpot.