Monday, July 8, 2013

The Heat is on

     In case I haven't mentioned it before I will mention it again. I am not a summer person. When the thermometer  reaches anything above 75 degrees I feel like I'm swimming in perspiration. I would rather spend my hard earned cash on ac bills than food. B"H I have enough money for both. Some people prefer to sweat it out all summer not unlike those who use their lack of sleep as a badge of honor. Not me.
     When I was in third grade I went to school in an old building that had not yet been fully air conditioned. There were industrial fans in every classroom along with  the mini fans we kids carried with us. To all you frugal folk out there I will tell you that was not really good enough. One day during minchah shmoneh esrei I fainted from the heat. It was really embarrassing . I for one don't plan on living without out air conditioning if I can help it. Rashes, including heat rash are quite uncomfortable and unsightly. The medication to alleviate them are rather steep. Better to spend money on one's comfort that on medication that is a result of  martyrdom.
         Just my two cents. As usual I am counting the minutes until fall weather arrives. Stay cool!

11 comments:

Wondering Minds said...

Cheap and recent method used to cure heat rash:
Cool bath.
It burns to get in, but helps!

frum single female said...

well, my skin problems in the heat entail more than just a cool bath. the heat and sweating exacerbates psoriasis etc.

Wondering Minds said...

Exacerbates.
Good word.

frum single female said...

:)

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

Heat and humidity is why I haven't made aliyah yet. Once the Israelis figure that out then I'll be over there in a flash.

tesyaa said...

Garnel, in Israel it's a dry heat, not humid. But yes, it's very hot regardless.

LilacGrace-TheNihilist said...

Counting the minutes until fall arrives! This is so negative of you,no one says to venture out in the heat and stay there all day but show some appreciation,when late august comes the weather will be just right even for you,but for gods sake dont rush to autumn.

frum single female said...

LGTH- Would you still think it was negative if I was counting the minutes until spring? Would that seem less negative? I love cool weather so I look forward to it

Mr. Cohen said...

I like the heat much better than the cold.

I would not complain if the temperature was 100 degrees 365 days a year.

Unknown said...

Move to Yuma AZ and then celebrate 100 degree weather. Its like a furnace with no relief. I'd be in heaven living in Alaska or Maine.

Wondering Minds said...

Yeah, but at least in Yuma, it's a dry heat. :-P