Monday, July 14, 2014

Pray for Peace on the 16th of Tammuz

    By now many of you may have seen this video posted, but I thought that I would post it anyway.
     What is going on in Israel right now , right before 17 Tammuz and the three weeks is terrifying. It is also a bit surreal. It kind of feels like the end of time and that the world is going to change . Kind of like 9/11 , but this time it is focused on Israel and Jewish people specifically. In France there were pro-Palestinians who herded Jews into a shul , threw rocks at them and chanted "Death to the Jews". Fortunately the police stopped them before it got worse. This is not good.
       When people say "Never Again" in regards to the Shoah, unfortunately today we are seeing this unfold. Being anti-Israel is always code for being anti-Jewish. Hopefully this war will end soon, like yesterday. I do not even want to visit where my fears have taken me.  I believe Israel will get through this and become a force to be reckoned with.
       My fears lie with Obama as president of the United States in the longest seeming presidency ever. When tragedy hits people show their true colors. Sometimes one would prefer not to see who some really are. Other times people surprise you for the better.
      I pray for peace for all people around the world. I pray for the safety of our brethren in Israel, France, the United States and Jews everywhere.
      I hope that I won't be just holding my breath for good news for the future and that peace will really materialize.

No comments: