Monday, August 18, 2014

Farmer's Market

      Its the beginning of the harvest season and the union square farmer's market is in full swing. The most tasty veggies and fruit are available. I had the most succulent nectarine today that I purchased there. I did not know that a nectarine could taste so superb. I also noshed on some tangy sweet yellow cherry tomatoes.
 When you eat vegetables that were harvested often the same day they are sold one has a new appreciation for how food was intended to taste.
    Produce shopping at the farmer's market in union square is very calming even though it is located in the midst of the concrete jungle. I try to buy a lot of produce there. It supports local farmers and the food is healthier because it is local. It is not all completely organic, but it is fresher because it travels less to get to my table.
    I highly recommend the greenmarket in union square if you live anywhere near Manhattan. It is the largest farmer's market in the area. It is open Mondays , Wednesdays and Fridays.

No comments: