Friday, September 5, 2014

Joan Rivers on Why She'll Never Retire

      Unfortunately comedienne Joan Rivers  passed away yesterday. What a sad day. I thought that she would be able to pull through, but alas that was not meant to be. I have been scouring you tube for a good clip of Joan and this is what I came up with. Its an interview featuring Joan and Melissa Rivers. Its priceless.
      I feel like Joan's life was cut short. I suppose I should believe that she passed because it was her time, but I also kind of believe that if that surgery had not been botched she would be alive today. Could have , would have should have, but I still wish things were different. Here we are again facing life, facing death.
      No matter what I think should have happened, I still am forever grateful she kept working for as long as she did. She managed to make me laugh so much  and brightened many days.
      Joan Rivers never retired because she enjoyed what she was doing and was blessed with the energy to be able do it until less than a week before she passed away. She worked hard to be who she was and earned the right to speak her mind. I respect her perseverance . I admire her staunch support of Israel. Not only did she defend Israel politically  but she also made appearances even  via satellite onto Israeli television shows. She was not just there to defend politics, she was with Israel to entertain and help people enjoy life. She had much tragedy in her life and had the strength to soldier through it and laugh and help others laugh. This is not something many have done. This is not something many have the opportunity to do.
        I realize that her humor is not for everyone, but she made me laugh a lot and I felt pride when she defended Israel to the press at a time when many others have not. She was brave enough to put herself out there and make a difference where many others have not and will not.
       Joan Rivers, rest in peace. Baruch Dayan Emet. You will be missed. 

No comments: