Friday, March 27, 2015

Shabbat Shalom

     After a really tough week full of bad news I am wishing everyone a good Shabbos and a better week next week. I am praying for the speedy recovery of Mrs Sassoon and her daughter and for the healing of the entire Sassoon family. I send my condolences to the Sassoon family. I cannot even imagine what kind of pain they are experiencing. To lose one family member is devastating, To lose seven all at once .... Words cannot define...
     Because of this horrific tragedy so many more people know about the laws of not cooking on Shabbos than had before . I realize some people may feel it was more of a chillul hashem than a kiddush hashem, but I think its more of a kiddush hashem. It has opened dialogue that had not been there before. It makes my mad dash home to prepare for the arrival of shabbos more understood by my co-workers. I was fortunate enough to have only been met with good will while discussing this tragedy this week. People of all faiths were so sad to hear of the loss of seven children, especially those who have small children. So sad how sadness often unites people more than joy does.
      Have a good Shabbos full of Shalom and Bracha.

No comments: