Monday, July 27, 2015

The Grass is Always Greener

     I always think to myself that it is so much harder to find my bashert because I am frum. One has so many more options when one is secular. The other day I was speaking with an elderly acquaintance of mine who never married. She had grown up frum but left it as a young adult. She  never married and is bewildered that I am still single . She felt that it was harder to find her to find a husband because she was not shomer shabbat. She thinks that when one is frum that there must always be someone looking out for me to find me a shidduch. Too bad thats not true!
       Regardless of the truth my elderly friend's words scared me. I don't want to be her age and never married. She did make me think though. Everyone thinks that everyone else has it easier in the dating arena. Ugh!



1 comment:

Garnel Ironheart said...

Finding the right person is like falling asleep. It happens when you're thinking of something else.