Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hugs

     One thing one realizes when one injures an arm is that it takes two arms to give a hug which is really sad because when one is injured one could really use a hug. I  can't give a hug now and I can't really receive one on account of my left shoulder....
      One of the hardest parts of recovery is mastering the art of patience. I am mostly a patient person but when it comes to healing I want it done yesterday. This of course is not how healing works . It takes time and it takes patience. Healing takes time. Even harried  New Yorkers have to wait to heal. Its just the way it works. A person MUST adjust to the situation or one will have a very unhappy several months.
        Fortunately the hardest part is the beginning. I had to get used to using one hand. One doesn't realize how much one uses both hands for so many tasks. Now that its been 3 weeks I have  gotten used to it .  Now that its been three weeks I also know that I am 3 weeks closer to recovery which in itself makes it easier.
         I have also been fortunate to have friends and family who have really been there  for me and are helping me get through this difficult time.
      As of Friday I finally got my focus back. Until then I could not concentrate enough to read a book. Injuries to the body effect the brain as well. No matter how together a person is it takes a little time for ones psyche to adjust.
      I am looking forward to some hugs in the not so distant future as everyday of my recovery continues. My shoulder injury has forced me to slow down which is good.Its just too bad it took fracturing my shoulder to do so.

No comments: