Sunday, July 18, 2010

pet peeves

one of my biggest pet peeves occurs  at sinks that are  located in  public restrooms. it bugs the heck out of me when someone washes their hands at a sink and then lifts their hands and shakes off the water before drying them. invariably i am the one who gets their post hand washing water on me after their big shake. i don't want to be included in their hand washing. if you have to do the wet hand shake keep your hands low in the sink when you do it so you don't splash anyone!
another pet peeve of mine happens (big surprise!) on the subway . the new subway cars are one long bench instead of having indentations  that separate the benches into separate seats. many people didn't like the old benches because some people were too fat for them . i say lose some weight! with these new benches there is always some joker trying to put her purse between you and them when you are sitting next to them. it wouldn't be so bad if there was a lot of room. but usually it means that there is less room and you get to squeeze against them and their bag . if they didn't put it there you would have a comfortable amount of space to sit and it wouldn't be big enough for  another person to squeeze between the two of  you.

3 comments:

frumskeptic said...

I liked the old trains!

frum single female said...

me too!

%Shocked% said...

I like the new trains because, as an "out-of-towner" it's infinitely harder to get lost or miss your stop!! Being a guy (from out of town lol), I usually end up standing anyway because the train is so packed, but when I do sit, it's not terrible. Ya, the occasional moron plops down all of their bags taking up 4 seats when there aren't many to go around, but aside from that.....

About the "handshake" thing...kills me every time. I've been tempted to blatantly spray water in their face and say "payback" before running away giggling like a child hehe... It's a good thing I don't act on my temptations, eh? :P