Tuesday, January 2, 2018

At the Movies

      In the age of roku I haven't watched as many movies in the theater than I used to. Recently I got moviepass which is a movie a day for $9.99 a month, but I actually got the black Friday special so I paid even less. I'm not trying to brag, just make a point . Now I have actually been at the movie theater to see any and every movie I have wanted to see. Its been about a month. Its really mind blowing. Its awesome to see a movie the way it was intended to be viewed-  on a big screen and without interruptions. Its awesome.
       There are people at the movie theater but much fewer. I have been able to see movies the day or week they come out and get a seat. Maybe not the best seat, but a seat. This would never have happened ten years ago. Its surreal. Its not just older people at the movies. There are some young people. I am sure they are more selective about what they go to see. Or maybe they too have moveipass.
        I am certain that the movie business is not happy to be moviepassed but at 15 to 17 dollars for a movie I have become a believer in moviepass . If I see one movie a month its worth it.  I don't know if this deal will last , but for now I am enjoying it . I am feeling very retro going to the movies. Of course now I'm going to the movies more than I ever have.
      Its only been a month and  I know that there really aren't enough movies out to actually see a movie a day for a year, but its fun to know that I could if I wan to....

No comments: