Sunday, July 7, 2019

is it Safe Anywhere?

    Though I have gone to shul after the tragic and horrific shul shootings this year I admit that I still have a nagging fear deep within . I have played hooky from shul more than I normally do.
      A few weeks ago on a day that I also did not go to shul there was a  fire in my apartment building where I found out that none of the smoke detectors in the common area hallways were working. So much for feeling like I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. 
     I guess the world isn't a safe place and one can't predict what might happen next. I have always know this but never realized how far reaching the consequences of  this are. 
         I have learned two things in the past few weeks. . Make sure to  have a fire escape route and its better to focus on where one  should be than where one shouldn't be. 

No comments: