Thursday, November 12, 2009

has anybody seen my hat?



the other day i was on the train and accidentally lost my hat. usually i take my hat off when i get on the train because its too darn warm and i put my hat in my backpack. on this particular day i was waayyyy too tired to do so. at some point i dropped my hat never to be seen again.
the thing that gets me is that whenever i notice that someone has dropped something on the train i tell them. in my case, no one did. perhaps no one noticed, perhaps someone noticed. ill never know. all i do know is that i lost my beloved crocheted hat that i made with my very own hands.
luckily i still had some red and white yarn sitting around, and whipped up a near identical hat.
why am i so upset? ill tell you why im so upset. i lost a hat i created and i wonder where it has gone. is someone else wearing it? did someone throw it out? did it totally get trampled? so many unanswered questions.
alas, i am glad i was able to crochet another red and white hat, but i really dug the old one and wish it was still in my possession!

7 comments:

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

You...crocheted a hat? In a few minutes? If you could make a new one so fast what difference does losing one make? : P

As it happens I actually lost one of my glasses temples a few hours ago in Manhattan and have desperately been searching the streets for it...but no luck!

frum single female said...

it took me a few subway rides to work to crochet my hat. but this is not the point. i could have been crocheting a totally different hat had i not lost the first one. just because something is replaceable doesnt mean i want to have to replace it.

leahb said...

Hi FrumFemale,

My name is Leah and I'm writing to you from the Jewish Women's Archive (http://jwa.org). We love what you had to say about Making Trouble and would like to quote you in our promotional materials for the film. If you could email me at editor@jwa.org, that would be wonderful!

Thank you so much,
Leah Berkenwald

Ookamikun said...

You made that?! Nice!
Ever thought of selling them online?
You can advertise on trunkt.com for free, up to 9 products I think.

frum single female said...

moshe-
i have to look into that. ive never sold any of my hats. i have given them as gifts, though.

Ookamikun said...

Seriously, do it. Besides trunkt, there are several other sites that help artists sell handcrafted stuff. And there's always ebay too.

word verification: peers

Ookamikun said...

Here's a good site, www.etsy.com. They're very beginner friendly and charge very little for posting your items. Unlike ebay, your item stays up for 4 months.

Post an item, even if you're not serious, just to see the response. You never know, and this could be a very good way to make money.
Also, I'd recommend trunkt if you got at least 3 items, even different colors is ok.