Saturday, December 11, 2010

don't let the bedbugs bite!

when i came to new york my biggest fear was going on the subway and picking up head lice. b"h that has not happened . now the biggest fear amongst my friends is bedbugs. some even go so far as to say that they will only go to the movie theater if they sit on a plastic bag. what about the subway? will they sit on a plastic bag when they go on the subway? what about restaurants? will they sit on a plastic bag at a restaurant?
i work in a public place and i dont have a plastic bag attached to my backside for when i decide to sit down (which isn't often because i mostly stand at work , but this is besides the point) . lol. i sit down on my seat at the movies sans plastic bag as well. bedbugs and head lice be damned.
bedbugs aren't cancer and they aren't aids !!! bedbugs are a nuisance and i certainly don't want any but im not going to let the mere thought of one ruin my life.

3 comments:

Chaim said...

One rarely picks up bed bugs on ones clothing (unless there is a very big infestation). Hotels are the main problem because they can stay in your luggage. I had bedbugs all summer and I didn't know about it. I thought they were just mosquito bites. They covered my whole body, and they itched more than mosquito bites. They also take longer to go away. I solved the problem by putting my mattress in a plastic covering.

frum single female said...

wow chaim, sorry you had bedbugs. thanks for clearing up the misconceptions about bedbugs. yeah, i heard that putting mattresses in special plastic covers helps protect the mattress from bedbugs.

smb said...

yep have to keep going