Sunday, March 6, 2011

apologies

sometimes when people apologize i feel like they aren't really apologizing, they are just trying to get me to say that what they did  was okay that i should accept them for who they are even though they have  hurt my feelings . sometimes this is true. sometimes it isn't.. once someone tried to apologize to me and i didn't think that they would really listen to me . i didn't think that anything would change so i didn't express myself. so many times before i was told to suppress my feelings because of others  that i figured if i had said something that it wouldn't make any difference. because it usually did not make a difference.   maybe it would have. maybe it would not have. now i will never know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It certainly is a tough call- be open with your own feelings or accept the apology without qualification. In my own experience, regardless of which road you choose, be sure to have a close, trusted friend that will validate your feelings. Oftentimes, I've found that to be the relief I was looking for, and was then able to move past the hurt. I realize that there's no chiddush here- just me not suppressing my feelings upon reading your thoughts :)

frum single female said...

thanks for your input issac.