Wednesday, March 30, 2011

how not to impress me

after awhile attending singles functions can become pricey . some people try to circumvent this by becoming super schnorers who don't pay for events but stand outside the venue waiting to see who comes in or out. or better yet there are those who show up at the venue take a quick peek at who is in the event room and decide whether or not it is worth spending the money . if its not worth it they leave.
ok, so  i can understand those  who peek in before paying. i can't say that i have never tried that trick. then again those who do this actually do end up paying to get in if they decide that the crowd is "worthy" .
those i take issue with is those who stand outside and shamelessly stand around the front door of an event and don't actually pay especially when i have paid. if i can manage to afford to pay why can't they. if they can't afford to pay they are most certainly not for me.

1 comment:

%Shocked% said...

Ouch. I haven't gotten to the stage where I'm going to singles events quite yet, but that does sound quite pathetic...to say the least. And I totally agree that a guy doing something like that would make it an automatic no for you.

I can understand if a girl is generally frugal with her money (in fact, I appreciate that), but when trying to find a shidduch? For a girl to do such a thing would be an automatic strike out in my book.