Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Settled

    While dating one often hears that the hard part about dating an older person dating is that one becomes more set in ones ways. Part of this used to scare me. Would I end up one of those "older singles" who is set in my ways? I have always tried to be a flexible person and to try new experiences and make new friends. Would that period of my life end before I would find my bashert? I really don't know the answer to any of these questions, but I have learned a few things along the way. Over time a person learns what they like and what they don't like. Unless one is depressed one tries to engage in activities one enjoys and spend time with those who are uplifting . Once one knows what one likes it makes it harder to try other things because one becomes busy and doesn't have as much time to experiment . Then again some people always like to try new things and others never did even when they were younger. Being settled can also be comforting. Its nice to have routine. Its wonderful to have the same friends one has had for over ten years. Its amazing to have people in one's life who know one's good points and bad points and have remained in one's life for many years. Its also good to know who one is.
      I think the idea is to strike the right balance. As much as one should not be too staid being x years old and being completely unreliable , unemployed and unstable are not good options either.
     
      

1 comment:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

Everyone is different. I was set in my ways by the time I started high school, for example...