Monday, March 3, 2008

divorced with children

i think the toughest guy for me to date is the divorced guy with kid(s). the reason i say this is because often divorced guys with kids dote so much over their kids it makes me feel left out. dont get me wrong. i love kids and i would love to have kids of my own. its just that it seems like they have nothing to talk about but their kids, and i have zero to add to that type of conversation . after all i dont have kids. i suppose these fellows speak of their kids so often to make it seem like they are real family guys. and of course i wouldnt be interested in a guy with kids who doesnt spend time with his kids or didnt make them a priority, its just that sometimes i feel like like these guys are talking so much about their kids that i feel like they are set. they have a life and i dont fit in . like i have nothing to add. after all they have kids and this all happened before they got to know me , with some other women. and the more they harp on about their kids the more left out and alone i feel. after all i dont have kids. i have nothing to say. the thing is i dont have a problem getting along with kids in general. kids usually really like me and i really like them. when im dating a divorced guy i want to know if they really want me and like me and that they want to be a part of my life, not just that i want to be a part of their life. i really want to know first if i want to be with this divorced guy himself because if i really want to be with him i will want to then get to know his kids and be a part of their kid's life. but the most important relationship that needs to be explored is the man/woman part because if that isnt yet a solid possibility, nothing else is (not even his kids)until this is determined.

No comments: