Tuesday, April 29, 2008

afikomen

over the past 5 yrs my mom has turned in to that jewish mother that probably everyone else out there has always had, but mine only most recently has become. my mom used to never pressure me about getting married . then that fateful birthday rolled around and then she never stopped. i know that i cant complain because ive only had 5 yrs of it, but its hell. its not like i dont want to get married. anyway , this pesach my mom decided to tell me that if u eat the afikomen you wont be an old maid. well i havent heard that segulah before. i would have remembered that one. and i always eat the afikomen on pesach, so i want my money back!! the only good part of hearing this old wives tale was that my sister who is also over 30 was in the bathroom when my mom mom shared this tidbit, so i was the one to relate it to her later. of course she took the high road and didnt respond.

No comments: