Sunday, April 10, 2011

pre-pesach peril

i HATE crowds. and because i hate them so much i normally stay out of brooklyn supermarkets at their most busiest times. today i had to pick something up in a grocery store . i should have done so while i was still in manhattan. manhattan is not having a pre-pesach shopping meltdown in their supermarkets.
first i had opted for shoprite. bad move. i should probably be benching gomel. a grey haired russian , probably jewish, man who was in front of me pushing a  shopping cart was upset that i was behind him so he pushed into his cart backwards with brute force into my cart. i  fortunately was able to move back quick enough so i was unscathed. a shoprite employee reprimanded him , but i had enough. i left shoprite and instead made my way over to my least favorite avenue m supermarket- moishe's. there too there were those with shopping carts who stood behind me who bumped into me, but when i told them not to they stopped.  the express line was long,the temperature july-esque, but i was able to get what i needed without any physical injury.
needless to say, i do not plan on entering any brooklyn grocery stores until after pesach.

3 comments:

Philo said...

I totally agree with you. I'll be spending Pesach in Brooklyn and plan not to enter any of the frum stores. When I lived in the midwest, we managed just fine with the mainstream suburban supermarket for Pesach, and probably ate healthier too!

AriSparkles said...

Wow. Thank goodness that the folks at Shalom's in Wheaton, MD were so nice. I think that the Brooklyn mentality is a bit nutty. People are so much nicer OOT.

frum single female said...

yes, i think that the brooklyn mentality is quite nutt boxed whine. oot is much more sane.