Thursday, May 26, 2011

the ebb and flow

friendships like most things in life  wax and wane. one day a person could be BFFs with one set of friends and not long after be one the outs with the same crew. life changes, people change. perhaps this makes me anti-social, but sometimes the politics of friendship or rather the politics of group friendship often makes me want to retreat into my own world.of course this doesn't last long. no one is an island,  as much as id like to dump everyone and live on my own solo island after awhile i need to get out of my own head and mix with others. people can drive me crazy but they also keep me sane.
friendship may ebb and flow  but  mostly friendship flows. which is what i count  on.....

1 comment:

aminspiration said...

it is so true, I often wonder in amazament how I ended up with the friends that I did. Dynamics change, People get married, move on , move away.. temperaments change..but you are right. Man is not an island. We need people; we need relationships and bonding.