Saturday, May 7, 2011

william and kate

i know it must be me, but i found the wedding of kate middleton and prince william to be anti-climactic. kate  and william have been together off and on since the met at university. kate has lived in the palace for eight years. when charles and diana married this was to signify the beginning of their lives together (and living together). hearing of kate and william's nuptials was like hearing about old news.
i once had  a co-worker who was together with her now husband for ten years and even had a child with him who was already six or seven before they finally made it legal. it was nice they finally married, but really, at that point they should have just had a small wedding without all of the fanfare.
i actually like prince william even though he is starting to look aged.  i like that he has married an age appropriate woman.
william and kate truly are the modern couple . it took him forever to make up his mind  to marry her due to his parents bitter marriage.they lived together,  then they married. it is  all well and good, but rather un-romantic . not that anyone asked me .

6 comments:

frumskeptic said...

I didn't watch the wedding, all I did was go online to see her dress (didn't particularly care for it).

I agree with your point though, seems so "anti climatic" when they're already living together to get married... whats changing?

frum single female said...

yeah, i didn't like her dress either.

Isreview said...

I was wondering why I was so NOT into the wedding and everyone else seemed to be so excited about- but well said! Yeah it was anti climatic.
What I found fun was seeing on line all the crazy "hats" (if they can be called a hat! :)

frumskeptic said...

Isreview- The "hats" were great. They were in the Sunday paper following the wedding and I was cracking up :).

Though I gotta say the few times I saw Kate before the wedding, if she were wearing a hat, most of the time I liked it :)... if only the wedding guests had such nice hats. lol

Aritul said...

I was into the wedding, and I knew from the moment that it was announced that if there was a tv around and I was alive, I would watch it. That being said, I completely understand how one could think that the wedding was anti climactic. It was. They had been living together for many years, so there was no newness there. I just hope their marriage turns out better than Charles and Diana's.

frum single female said...

i hope so too.