Monday, November 21, 2011

burned out

i marvel at people who think that the problem with singles is that we don't want to get married. i wish that was the problem. the problem is much deeper. its hard to even get to date one. too much e-mail and phone tag. my problem is  i usually give my number to a guy on a dating website the day before i know that i will be available to speak with him. bad move. i should really give my number a few days before i know that i will have time to chat because the guys i give my number to always manage to call me at a time i am unavailable.  more times than not i dislike the possible future date's voice. i realize that this is shallow, but i admit to it. anyway, if the guy has a bad voice i drag my feet about calling him back. if only he had called when i was home/available and i would have been able to speak to him straight away. i would be able to avoid the awful voiced's phone message and be forced to talk to him before he had a chance to leave a message.
i know this is a tangent, but my other pet peeve is when a guy calls at a time when he purposely thinks i am not home so they can leave a message. i get home from work early some days of the week and i always love surprising a guy by answering the phone when the guy thinks he will be leaving a message. maybe they just want to listen to my phone voice first. who knows. perhaps frumster should have and option to record your voice on your profile.( perhaps they actually have this feature, but im too old school to have noticed)
in any event i have to call back some guy who left me a phone message several days after i was available to chat with him and i really do not fancy his phone voice.....

3 comments:

Yedid Nefesh said...

U think there is that much calculations on the guy side over a phone call? when to call, when not to call, the voice...
it seems to me like a minor detail

frum single female said...

hmm.. some think about it some don't. i don't exactly mean just the sound of the voice but how their personality shines through in the message. and yes, often guys do try to call to get a just a message. this has happened to several of my friends as well. often when i answer the phone instead of my answering machine they will say that they weren't expecting to catch me to which i ask them if they were disappointed.

Yedid Nefesh said...

i do that sometimes to when I am nervous about calling someone, its not necessarily an obnoxious thing