Thursday, December 8, 2011

the perfect purse

i have been looking for the perfect purse for the past ten years. about ten years ago the armpit purse became in style . an armpit purse is a purse with a short strap so the purse sits right under your armpit if you wear it over your shoulder. i find the idea of an armpit purse extremely impractical for new york city living. besides i like purses with long straps so i can position my purse over my shoulder and across my body. this way my purse will be secure and un-smelly.
i also do not like the purses that have a front pocket that opens into a wallet . its a great idea but often these pocket wallets have zippers that unzip on three corners which makes me fear i may lose the contents every time i open it. if i just opt not to use this feature i feel like its a waste of purse space and it must be weighing me down  so why bother?
i don't like purses that don't zip shut or have a zipper that doesn't totally zip up as is often  the case. i never quite understood this feature. why buy a purse that doesn't completely enclose my valuables ?
about two weeks ago i bought a purse that is near perfect. the shoulder strap is long enough, it does not have a built in wallet and the zipper on the main section mostly closes shut. it would be the perfect purse if the main section was slightly wider so it wasn't such a tight fit for my kindle, but the fact that my kindle fits at all is pretty cool.  this purse is also a neutral color and light weight . its leather so i don't have to worry if i forget  an umbrella. the contents of my purse will stay dry.


ili world leather makes this perfect purse. ili  has a booth at the bryant park, union square and columbus circle holiday markets in nyc.  i am in love.

3 comments:

Princess Lea said...

I like the Coach crossbody versions. Small, zipped, long-strap that I can also wear on my waist.

Altie said...

Looks nice. Use it in good health. Kind of small though. What do you keep in your purse? My purse is kind of a black hole. Things go in and I never see them again. Also, you carry your kindle around with you? Are you a big reader?

frum single female said...

princess lea- coach bags are nice, i just don't have the funds to buy them.
altie- thanks. i don't like to have a big purse because then i end up toting around too much stuff. i carry my kindle around because i love reading and its much lighter to carry around thank books.