Sunday, May 19, 2013

Buttons

     Whenever you get to know someone you get to know what they like and dislike as well as their strengths and weaknesses. If you are a smart you will use this to strengthen the intimacy of your friendship and not to bring the other person down. I dated someone once who was a master at getting to know me and using my insecurities to push my buttons. He thought that if he would point them out that I would choose him. What a joke . Why on earth would I choose someone who so casually disregarded my feelings? I don't need someone else to tell me what I feel insecure about. I can beat myself up emotionally all by myself. I don't need to marry someone who will take on that role.
    I have gone out with other guys who were lovely but  had no idea what makes me tick. It is too bad that the gift of getting to know someone else can wrench people apart instead of bring them together.

No comments: