Thursday, September 12, 2013

Patriot Day 9/11/13

     When I opened my calender to September this year I noticed that September 11 is now called Patriot Day. I am not sure exactly why, but it will always be merely 9/11 to me.
       It has been 12 years since one of the most horrific tragedies in my lifetime. It was the first day in my life when I experienced lack of appetite. And yet , life has moved on.
       On 9/11/01 it had seemed like time had stopped. I woke up 9/12/11 and wondered what next? Could life ever go on normally again? I went to work the next day and realized it could except for the fact that no one could stop talking about what had happened the day before.
     September 11,2001 was an extraordinarily beautiful day. The day before it had rained non-stop, which accentuated just how sunny and beautiful September 11 was. It just goes to show that just as tranquility does not always prevail on  a sunny day, tragedy does not always occur on a rainy day. Attractive people aren't always kind and less attractive people sometimes are more genuine.
      I cry for the families who lost loved ones during the attacks. I cry for the loss of our collective innocence.
      May we be inscribed for a year of peace, health and harmony.
     
      

No comments: