Thursday, April 23, 2009

solving the shidduch crisis...

not long ago i met a really cute guy at a singles event . when he opened his mouth to speak to me it was all over. death breath. they say that looks could kill, well halitosis can knock you out. it smelled like he never flossed . ever. every time he opened his mouth to speak i thought i was going to hurl.

another fellow i chatted with recently also had the stalest breath ive ever smelled and he had been divorced several times. i cant imagine why. he was bad breath. literally.

if a by merely speaking to someone one's oral hygiene is offensively apparent this could be a big reason one isnt getting any second dates.

fortunately i have some solutions for those who have death breath. use an electric toothbrush with a timer. this way you know you are brushing long enough. sonicare is a good one. a dental hygienist friend of mine says braun makes a good one. for goodness sakes folks FLOSS! use dental floss or dentotape . mouthwash can also be quite helpful. the solution is out there and it wont cost an arm and a leg.
once a person has sweet smelling breath they are definitely on the way to finding their zivug.

9 comments:

Something Different said...

Er, somehow I don't see how this is going to work... But I guess it can't hurt. :-P

Mikeinmidwood said...

When I read the title, I knew there was something wrong because nothing can solve the shidduch crisis.

frum single female said...

lol mike!! that said i dont think that this will actually solve the shidduch crisis, but it cant hurt. anyway there is definitly a bad breath crisis out there and im just doing my bit to help solve it. and if someone gets married because they have solved their bad breath crisis, all the better.
it is too bad that a little listerine cant actually solve this shidduch crisis!!

Ookamikun said...

It can if both parties drink it. ;-)

David Staum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Staum said...

And carrying a little listerine spray or strips pocket pack.

frumskeptic said...

I dislike bad breath, But i really can't complain, I *LOVE* garlic and onion. Terrible Terrible for my breath. lol. I tend to carry around minty gum. :)

But sinc you're talking about odor. My moms cousin has no sense of smell. In the summer he goes out with girls, and he has bad BO and he doesnt even realize! A few people approached him (from the family), and he started trying to apply different types of body sprays and such so that he wouldnt smell... I feel so bad for him (beacuse he doesn't realize) and the girls he goes out with when he smells. :-/

frum single female said...

certain dri is a phenomenal deodorant. its available otc.

Originally From Brooklyn said...

There is this fellow in my shul who complains about everyone's breath, everyone ignores him because he is a habitual smoker. Whats a little garlic when the complainer smells like a chimney. Personally, I tried flossing, a few times. The effort to keep up the habit was too daunting. Day in and day out having to add another thing to my already late morning routine, everyone else's suffering is a small price to pay. On occasion I use mouthwash, but then that just takes away from the good taste left over from the food just eaten. In the morning, an occasional brush brush and I'm off.

Too much info?