Thursday, August 11, 2011

train etiquette

there is nothing i like better than a peaceful train ride to work spent reading and sipping dunkin donuts coffee. i talk all day long at work so i treasure not speaking to anyone on my work bound morning train. every so often i run into a friend or acquaintance on my train ride to work and panic sets in.i don't like to be rude, but anything more than a quick 'hi how are you' is too much for me to utter on my morning commute. usually im able to say a quick hello and retreat into reading a book the the rest of the way to work, but i  still feel guilty having to shut people up who are just bored or lonely, but not mean spirited.
by the time i ride home from work im more awake and relaxed so i don't mind chatting on a home bound train. .that  morning chattiness on the other hand gets to me every time

3 comments:

Yedid Nefesh said...

I am the total opposite!! On the way in, I am bouncing off my feet but on the way home, i'm exhausted, quiet with peaceful music!! haha, I hope we never bump into each other on the train, u'd hate me!!

ps: i always wonder how do ppl drink coffe on the train? i'd need the restroom so badly!!

frum single female said...

lol. as for the coffee, i manage. i just have a small sized cup.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you FF. Don't talk to me till noon.