Monday, August 22, 2011

why now ?

my friend's aunt and uncle are getting divorced after 36 years of marriage. it doesn't surprise me that this can happen.. perhaps it hadn't been right between the two of them for awhile and now finally they are ending it. it can be hard to break away from the familiar even if the familiar should be broken away from.
i myself have been at a job for a long time. it was a very good job for a long time, but now it is not. it takes a lot to remove ones self from one's comfort zone even if one knows it is the right thing to do. i realize that leaving a job is still different than leaving a marriage, but the similarity is that leaving something one has been committed to a for a long time can be difficult.

1 comment:

Yedid Nefesh said...

Its interesting. WHen I tell people I am one of nine, they always ask me if my parents are still together. You would think that after number 6 or 7, if they're still together, they're sticking to it!
I guess its not that obvious...