Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Word To The WIse

     This is a bit of advise that I have to those of you who are approaching thirty, single and still living with your parents. If  you have a job that you can support yourself with you should seriously think about getting an apartment of your own. Get out on your own while your parents are still young. If you don't get married and move out and your parents get older it will become harder to move out on your own.
      Moving out on one's own is so important to personal growth. One must have one's own life. This does not mean one should cut one's self off from one's family or even to move far away from one's family, it just means you are able to cut the cord . Parents do not live forever. They will not be able to take care of you forever. Hopefully you will get married sooner rather than later but if you don't you will still be able to carry one with one's life. If you are able to be independent you will know that you can be a grown up and be an adult when you do find a spouse.
   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you recommend to young to mid twenties who are jest starting out with very low salaries should they forgo on savings just to have the independence of living on ones own?

frum single female said...

I grew up outside of New York and have been living independently since I graduated college. I suppose I had no choice but to pay rent and get an apartment because my parents lived in the midwest and I lived in New York. After college I shared apartments with 2 or 3 other roommates. After a few years I had a very cheap basement apartment by myself alone. Now I live in a small apartment in a regular apartment building. I would only recommend moving out on your own if you can afford it. The type of person I was referring to in this post is someone who is able to afford to move out but has not. I have always had reasonably priced apartments that were within my means. I had roommates when I was not able to afford a larger rent.

still waiting said...

i fully agree. too many older singles are refusing to leave the comfort (or even discomfort) of their parents homes and they dont realize they are stunting their growth.