Monday, February 11, 2013

Divorced Vs Single

     Is it better to be divorced rather than never married? I would think that it would be worse to be divorced than to be single never married or widowed. Often those who are divorced just want to be players and never marry again. They made a commitment and now they don't want to make a commitment ever again. Those who have never married before may or may not really want to get married but at least they aren't jaded by an awful marriage like someone who divorced might be. I never quite understand the logic of how someone divorced is considered best because they made a commitment. They made a commitment  but it didn't work out. Is that really better?
     I don't really think that either has an advantage.  Being single sucks ,but in the game of dating there can be a lot of unfair assumptions about someone's mindset based upon one's  marital history or non-history. Why not just get to know someone and their individual situation ? Oh I forgot. That would be too easy and not mystical enough. 

4 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

What kind of man does FSF want to marry?

Since FSF has a blog that is read by many people, it seems logical to me that she should use her blog to find a husband.

FrumGeek said...

Isn't there a saying, "Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"?

frum single female said...

Frum Geek- well, one does not necessarily have to have married to have fallen in love.

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

People used to use the "Better to and loved..." quote on me when I was single. I countered with: "If I'd never loved, I'd never have cried."

Divorced is better. It comes with support payments.