Monday, February 25, 2013

The Turtle And The Hare

     When some people become frum they go full force . They quickly abandon all else and become the epitome of frumkeit. With other people its a process. They know what the truth is and then they slowly but surely internalize their ritual observance.  One does not choose to go full force or slow and steady , its a personality issue.
      I suppose the best way to be is the type who goes full force as soon as one decides frumkeit is it. When the Jews accepted the Torah they said ' na'asseh v'nishmah'  'we will do and listen' instead of 'tell me about it and then I  will decide'.
      For me it is not a choice. I am the type who needs the process to change myself. Its not that I never take a chance , but I usually take calculated chances not spontaneous ones. The joke is that even when one thinks something out before embarking on it there are still forks in the road that one would never had anticipated. G-d really does look out for us even when we act rashly. If only we paid better attention we would hear the warnings.

2 comments:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

People don't change their inner natures. Only the daily routine does. Someone who goes all crazy BT was probably a fanatic secular beforehand. An even headed person who takes things slowly and rationally will also take the BT process in that way.

frum single female said...

true