Saturday, February 9, 2013

winter storm

     Every time the weather forecasters are correct about a storm they get cocky and people start to give in to the the storm hype, present company included. I didn't think that the hurricane would be as intense as it had been and it was. The snowstorm a week later was supposed to be really devastating but it wasn't . Super storm Nemo did not hit NYC quite as badly as predicted , thank G-d. The hype mad me nuts though. I had to go to work yesterday and I was dreading the ride home. It turned out to be not bad at all. Thankfully. As accurate as the forecasters are sometimes they still do not always get it right  and that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

Rabbi Avigdor Miller ZTL warned that news reporters try to make people nervous and excited because that causes more people to buy the newspapers they work for.

I believe that the same principle is true for television news reporters trying to increase their ratings.

Wondering Minds said...

@Mr Cohen - as someone well informed on the subject, Forecasters don't do any of it for the ratings.

@FSF - I felt the same way...once I heard that subways would be fine through the evening rush hour on Friday, I relaxed.