Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Picture Perfect

     Some of my friends have posted frumster profile photos that are a much better version of what they really look like. I always wonder if this is fair to them and whomever they meet on the site. The picture really is  them but it really doesn't look authentic. The picture looks so good that I almost don't recognize them. Sometimes even when someone actually resembles their profile photo when I meet them in person they don't always seem as I've imagined them. But when they have an enhanced profile photo, well... I am less forgiving.
      One guy had such an old profile photo that I walked right past him at our assigned meeting place. When I finally met up with him I was taken aback. He looked little like his photo and quite a bit older. Had I known what he really looked like I would never have met up with him. I suppose he thought it would not make a difference to me how different he looked from his photo. It may not have made a difference had I liked him,  I did not like him or how he really looked.
       It is important to have a flattering dating profile photo, but it should still look like you. 

1 comment:

Mr. Cohen said...

Just as words can be misleading, pictures can also be misleading.

I can't stand yentas, they ruin the Jewish people, they ruin everything.

Nothing is more harmful than so-called "harmless gossip."

What a beautiful world it will be, when the yentas finally shut their mouths.