Tuesday, December 10, 2013

You Can Never Go Home Again

     When I was eighteen I read a  book that was not necessarily that prolific, but one line in it was. The line that I found so true was  "You can never go home again". Once you stop living with your parents you can never go back to the way things were before. The older I get the more I realize that its true. This is not a bad thing. It is all part of becoming an independent person.
      Once you are able to support yourself and take care of yourself you can appreciate your parents on a different level. I for one appreciate my mother's cooking more now that I have to make food for myself. Once one does not live with one's parents it is easier to look at one's parents as people who try their best .
       I can never go home again but being with family is always heartwarming because it was my first home . They were the ones who taught me what home is.
      

1 comment:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

I tried going home. It didn't work. I had accumulated too much stuff.