Sunday, January 13, 2008

the ripe old age of 33

as a frum person its quite interesting to ponder at what age one is considered old, especially a frum single person. for myself i would have to say it was 33. before 33 i had no qualms about divulging my age. after 33 i did. i never forget how i came to this horrifying revelation. i was registering for a shabbaton and the organizer asks me how old i was and not missing a beat she answered her own question and said, " you're 32, right?'" at which point i didnt correct her. 32 was my age the year before when i had registered for the shabboton this woman had ran the year before. this is when i realized i was officially old. i was officially old enough to want to hide my true age. suddenly i wasn't young anyomre... at the ripe old age of 33.

No comments: