Monday, March 30, 2009

sleep like a baby

as neurotic as am i often fall asleep on the subway on my way home from work . one of my co-workers says that the best sleep she gets is on the train.
once when i was on a train i briefly opened my eyes and noticed that everyone else was napping.
though i usually dont miss my stop if i nod off, occasionally i do. thats the worst. not only do i miss the stop, but i feel really groggy.
fortunately im not a restless subway sleeper, otherwise i would be finding my head on someone elses shoulder as i nap. very embarrassing. bubba might not like that.
i have found other subway sleepers heads on my shoulder. i usually wake them up and hope they dont have head lice.

5 comments:

Originally From Brooklyn said...

I know what you mean, I did that once. I missed my stop and had to take the train back the other way, but boy did I feel well rested. It probably has to do with the rocking of the train, reminds you of when you were a baby and were rocked to sleep, very peaceful. That and a long day at work, though I haven't had one of those in a while.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I barely go on trains, but I never understood how people can fall asleep on the bus. Although at 9:30 after my class at night I am pretty tired, but my stop is only one stop away!

But that's good your able to stay in one position. It's actually funny, I see people fall asleep in class, and their starts nodding back and forth.

Ookamikun said...

If you wanna have some fun, bring a feather with you. If someone falls asleep on your shoulder, use the feather to tickle their nose, nape of neck, palm, etc.

Talmudist said...

Weird, but the only place I manage any sleep of any sort (at least, for much of my life) is on a mattress.

Ookamikun said...

After going to college, I'm able to sleep in any position, including standing, with any amount of light present and anywhere.
Also, coffee, including espresso, makes me sleepy. Yes, I am a freak.