Wednesday, November 10, 2010

do you date?

inevitability when im having a major kvetch session regarding the state of my unmarriedness and the unavailability of single men i get this question . "do you date? " when i get this question i am always taken aback. where in this conversation did i give them this impression? i absolutely do date , not always as often as i would like , but im not some nebuch who never has a date or relationship.
the only thing that i can think of is that perhaps a lot of the kvetchers don't ever date or make any effort to date. i had one friend who never dates  but never makes any effort to look presentable or any effort in regards to dating . but i do make the effort which is why i hate that question. although in defense of the asker it is usually someone that doesn't know me all that well which begs the question "why am i even kvetching about singleness with them anyway?" and you know, that would be a good point!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that people often make assumptions about other people based on somebody they know who is in a similar position. Btw, I have learnt a lot reading your blog....never knew Mayim Bialik was frum!!! It's okay, I understand if you would rather not e-mail me, I just had so many questions for you based on some of your past postings :)

frum single female said...

thank you.
yes.. well just how many questions do you have? most of those who read my blog who i have e-mailed also have blogs themselves so i have gotten to know who they are a bit . you hide your blogger profile so i dont know anything about you but your comments.

Anonymous said...

I understand.Being new to blogs, I wasn't well versed on blogging etiquette, but it makes sense. I will continue reading from afar...keep up the great writing!

frum single female said...

david-
enjoy reading and please continue commenting.

frum single female said...

david-
if you continue commenting i will get to know you a bit better and perhaps i will e-mail you.