Tuesday, May 1, 2012

personal space (or lack there of)

i am someone who needs a lot of personal space. it is somewhat difficult to be this way in a city that is full of physically and verbally pushy people. the worst offenders are frum people . they think that they can stand really close to you because they don't think you will beat them up because you are frum as well. i usually avoid stores in midwood during the busiest hours because i do not like the invasion of my space. i also try to go to personal space friendly stores such as any trader joe's , duane reade and cvs.
it is most awful entering certain grocery stores in midwood. people congregate at the doorway and make it difficult to enter the store. when it is time to pay the person behind me always likes to stand close enough to me so my elbow jabs them when i am reaching into my wallet. they are in that much of a hurry. i always wonder what kind of married life these people have if they feel the need to stand that close to me in line at the supermarket. must not be too great.

No comments: