Monday, June 18, 2012

CVS

    I went to CVS last week and instead of check out people there were only  the self-service check outs with store employees on hand to help people use them.  Self-service check outs have existed for years, but I have always avoided them.  Its kind of like how I knew VHS was becoming extinct but I still refused to buy DVDs until there were no more VHS tapes to purchase.  The self-service check outs really are better than the people were. For one thing, even if I insist that a store employee   hover when I self check out, I am much faster at checking out than the store employees ever were.  I guess change really can be good even though  its comforting when things are always familiar.
   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read about the automated systems at Sheetz and Wawas (two sandwich shops)? They apparently have an automated ordering system which is amazing. I found a youtube clip of it. http://bit.ly/KelkaI

frum single female said...

cool, i'll check it out.