Sunday, June 24, 2012

shiva

     I went to the Shiva for my neighbor's baby tonight. I always wonder if I am helping or hurting when I attend Shiva. It was  hard not  to cry. I know that I wear my emotions on my face.   I am not even really close friends with my neighbors . I had never even been in their apartment before.  The aura in the room was  thick with sadness. You would have to be a stone not to feel their pain. A child is not suppose to pass away before a parent, especially one that never got to live through even one season.
     I believe that however sad this is that it was meant to be this way. We just do not understand why. When someone passes so young it makes one  realize that life is finite and that one needs to cherish every moment one spends  with loved ones . When I came home from the Shiva I called my mother.

   

No comments: