Friday, June 29, 2012

Yuppies

In New York City I am surrounded by people of multi socio-economic groups. After a while it becomes less than interesting. There are still  some events that attract a less than ethnic crowd. Baseball games, the monday night free movies in bryant park and the etsy craft event in Dumbo, Brooklyn that I recently attended. It has been such a long time since I had been in a crowd that could have played extras on the tv show Friends. Not to sound biggoted, but I kind of miss the the lack of diversity. It was fun to eavesdrop on the seinfeldish over analyzing that was going on.
I am a little dissatisfied with David Dinkins' beatiful mosaic. Or maybe I just like being around people with values more similar to my own, instead of the average vilda chayas one encounters on the Q train.

No comments: