Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Argue Therefore I am

        Ever go out on a date with an arguer? Unfortunately I have. You know the type. You go out with someone and all you do is bicker. When you get home all you can think is how great that fiasco is over. A few days later he calls and asks you out again. This always used to floor me until I realized that there are some people who love to argue so much that they consider it a vital part of their relationships.
      Its not that I never argue. I do. Its just that I don't like to constantly bicker with someone. I have endured Shabbos lunches with whole families of arguers. I can feel my blood pressure rising all the way til desert. Life has enough strife. No need to add to it  by inviting an arguer into my life.
   
        

1 comment:

Mr. Cohen said...

I agree with Frum Female.

Jerusalem Talmud, tractate Berachot, chapter 9, law 2, page 64A:
The [majority of] Rabbis taught:
[Earthquakes happen] because of machloket [feuding or conflict].