Monday, February 6, 2017

Independence

     I am always  amazed by people who love being "the sick one" to get attention. If they aren't really sick they will  invent an ailment. They love attention even if its negative. I am the opposite. I don't want to be ill and I try to do it all without  relying on others. It is important to know when to ask for help but often I am too impatient to wait for others to get their act together so I do things myself. as much as possible. There is a balance between asking for help when one needs it without being overly needy.
   I tend to want to be more self reliant than is necessary but  that isn't all bad. Being motivated to be self reliant is a good motivation to achieve instead of having to be self reliant because everyone has tired of your pity party. I have to learn to cut others slack for not living up to the high standards I have set for myself.
   
   

   

No comments: