Thursday, June 12, 2008

happy feet

as every good new yorker, i walk everywhere. when one walks everywhere one realizes one must have comfortable shoes. they need to be comfortable, but not anti-fashion. not being a fan of sneakers, my quest has been for a foot-friendly-yet cute shoe . the most comfortable-yet-cute shoes i have ever bought are from merrell. ecco shoes are a close second. the most comfortable sandals, although more on the sporty side , are tevah sandals. the soles of tevah sandals are made from actual tires. the most comfortable boots, though not the most durable, are by la canadienne . all of these brands show up in lower prices at dsw.
unfortunately my shoe research was spawned as a result of major foot pain . however , wearing a well made shoe might not always do the trick. sometimes its necessary to suck it up and go to a podiatrist and get custom made orthotics that can fit in regular shoes as well as sneakers.
foot pain sucks and as a new yorker one is always on one's feet. this is why i share this knowledge. if perhaps i can help restore effortless stepping for even one individual, this post will have been worthwhile.

3 comments:

CJ Srullowitz said...

I was on my feet at work too much with the wrong shoes and ended up with tendinitis in my ankle. It kept me from running for over a year.

Now thank G-d I'm fine and back on the roads.

My solution, lulei demistafina: Rockports.

frum single female said...

thanks for the input cloojew

Anonymous said...

I just wanna throw my vote behind merrell shoes. i bought a pair recently, they r stylish and oh so comfortable. i could walk to the end of the world and back with them, very pleased.