Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the solace of solitude.

though i consider myself a social person, i must say that i enjoy spending time alone. sometimes i prefer to go to a museum or a movie by myself, or even have a shabbos meal by myself. sometimes i feel like im running and rushing so much that i never get a chance to catch my breath. thus i enjoy spending some quality alone time to catch my breath and regain my equilibrium.
i dont think that i could go on vacation totally by myself, even though i know friends who have . i could go on a tour even if i didnt initially know anyone. i dont think that would count as going on vacation alone.
im not really the type who likes to sit home alone on a saturday night, its just that i do enjoy the pleasure of my own company every so often.
i think that its important to be able to be comfortable alone and not be afraid of being alone. this way when one is with others one is with them because one wants their company and not just because one can't be solo.

No comments: