Monday, January 5, 2009

never a dull moment

over shabbos i too heard the urban legend about the cabbie warning people not to go to Manhattan on wednesday. i also heard that others got texts stating this. i do admit that this freaked me out a bit. thing is , it also sounded familiar. alot like the e-mail many received after 9/11 saying they should stay away from malls.

after most extensive research of google and the internet i found my answer on the the yeshiva world news website.i hadnt realized it was a jewish issue. i just thought it was a cabbie issue. here is the link: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/article.php?p=28140 ,also check out this link:http://www.snopes.com/rumors/warning.aspthere's nothing like insomnia to get the research juices going. i think that we should all be careful because its a crazy world, but i feel alot safer knowing that the fbi knows about this and have investigated it.
i dont think a terror organization would want to warn anyone about a terror attack. i think that they would just act. chas v'shalom.
i wish all peace of mind , safety and an easy fast.

3 comments:

Mikeinmidwood said...

If the FBI knows about it then its in good hands now.

frum single female said...

amen

Dude with hat (aka BTS) said...

I didn't pay much attention to it since I think if I know then FBI knows too. So I'm more or less safe.

I work in the city so I go there tomorrow anyway, though I don't really think anything will happen.

BTW, tomorrow IS 9/11 but by Jewish calendar...