Saturday, June 5, 2010

shomer negiah redefined

after many years of shopping at glatt mart i have realized that there aren't very many frum people who are shomer negiah or nor too many frum people who have respect for personal space.
let me explain. whenever i am at the checkout counter checking out there is always someone behind me in line pushing into me while they unload their groceries onto the conveyor belt. i don't get it. are they just not getting any at home so they feel the need to bump into me in line at glatt mart? shoving someone in line is NEGIAH . they don't need to push me to secure their space in line. this is why i don't understand why all of this negiah is going on.
unless im just too exhausted i will confront the person who is touching me unnecessarily in line and tell them not to shove me as they are unloading their shopping basket. i think im going to have a new tactic and tell them they ought not shove and crowd me in line as i am shomer negiah and their behavior is thus inappropriate.

4 comments:

Akeres Habayis said...

People try this u might enjoy it
I loved it but still very unprofessional
Akeres Habayis Hotline
General No. 951-262-3570
Brooklyn No. 718-475-9426
Monsey No. 845-364-7533
Lakewood No. 732-415-9780
For wives and mothers.
“Listen and enjoy!”

Dante Inferno said...

And if the person shoving you happens to be a woman?

frum single female said...

avi-
well, the woman will look at me like im crazy and they will try to get far away from me and not push me because they will be afraid of what i might do next mission accomplished. lol.

Ookamikun said...

Next time tell the guy that if he wants to cup a feel, he should at least take you out first. ;)