Sunday, September 9, 2012

saturday night kitsch





 I found this gag at a novelty shop several years ago. If only it were so easy to actually become a member of the tribe. When I saw this I could not stop laughing.  I  love the  prototype 1970's man with a kippah. He is actually rather hunky.
  In case you can't tell by the photo its a breath spray that is used for conversion.
   It may be hard to read my pictures so I will tell you what the  words say.
   Instantly convert to Judaism the Gramma Weisenthal Way.
Don't  know the difference between a mikveh and a mohel and your Jewish wedding is in three weeks time? Can't speak a word of Yiddish and think Sabbath is an 80's metal band? Can't understand why the old rabbi at the synagogue keeps turning you away? It may be time for you to convert to Judaism . Instantly! The Gramma Wisenthatl Way! Become Jewish with one simple treatment.  No more lengthy study classes. No more stumbling through Hebrew.
Be part of this unique faith instantly, starting today.
"Hi, I'm Gramma Wiesenthal, here to help you choose your Jewish name. Can't decide whether to call yourself  Yosef  or Yaakov? Sarah or Shoshana? Why don't you call me? I know everything about being Jewish. Until then my friend Shalom.
Winner of the 1976 World Champion  matzo ball competition and the author of the best selling novel "If you see my son tell him to call me".
 

I do not intend to make light of the
conversion process. I just found this sooo funny.
(P.S. I just realized that if you click on the pictures they will enlarge and you can read everything clearly)

No comments: