Friday, December 7, 2012

Recipes

      When I was a kid my grandmother made the best cookies. Sometimes I would even bake cookies with her. I asked her for the recipe but when I made them they did not come out the same as when she had made them. By now I don't even know where I put the recipe. Its somewhere in my mom's house.
       My other grandmother did not like to cook so much , but she made the most wonderful matzoh balls. They were delightfully light and fluffy. I don't know why I had never asked her for her recipe and now I can't. She passed away eleven years ago. Now I am buying matzoh balls from glatt mart.
     

2 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

When I was around 9 years old, my mother made cookies. She had to stop making them because we were eating them all the time, and she could not make new cookies fast enough.

Anonymous said...

I always ask for recipes I like. Back in my yeshiva days, my Rosh Yeshiva's wife made these awesome cinnamon buns. So one evening I waded into her kitchen and asked her for the recipe. It was kinda funny cuz all the other guys were terrified of her and were amazed I had the guts to ask for a recipe. It has since become a family favorite :-)